Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Jamming the Xylophone


A tornado warning is a horrible thing to wake up to in the middle of the night. All is fine here but tonight is supposed to be stormy as well.  I was thinking about this on my afternoon walk and when finished, I grabbed my chalk and played.  We are thankful for the weather alerts but sure hope we do not hear them this evening.








He played his xylophone
with
wild abandon








This is my first attempt at the Xylophone Player.  His head jams as his arms swing across the music makers when he is moved.  The bars are made from cut bottle caps, as well as his seat.



While the arms move across the bars, they only move as long as the piece is being jiggled.  I would like to have the arms swing more freely and continue to do so after the piece has been handled.  Springs for the arms may be the answer but, of course,  not any of the ones I have on hand.  I will just have to keep thinking about this one.

Well,  I am off to get settled in for the night.  Hopefully no crazy weather tonight!

Sweet dreams, 
Hilari

Skinny Dipper Designs @ ETSY.com

No comments:

Post a Comment