Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Serendipity



 Serendipity


This carbide lamp was, unbeknownst to me, was given to a kindred soul of my father years ago.  At a holiday gathering my father and Jim ( men of the same era ) met and enjoyed each others company discussing all manner of important topics...photography, books, caving, etc.  I have been asked by Jim's son to make a wire sculpture of this lamp.  I find this to be a lovely thought...I am creating a piece of artwork for a father from an item given to him by my father.  As my father would say, "It warms the cockles of my heart".


 It all started with a $30 table

I woke up Saturday feeling refreshed and ready to go so we decided to hit some of the yard sales in our neighborhood.  Our best and last find was an old restaurant table to use in the workshop.  Little did I know that this perfect work table would have us spending 5 hours rearranging, cleaning and setting up shop, as well as moving items from our mud room to the shop.  Of course that meant rearranging, cleaning and setting up shop in there as well.  On this side of it all, we love how much more functional both places are.

This has been a week of working late, so my extra curricular activities have been nil. I need to weed my flowerbed and get my zinnia seeds planted and hopefully will get that done before the weekend.  Rain is coming on Saturday and I am planning to hole up in the workshop and play.  I am almost finished with Pole Dancer...still working the mechanics of getting her pole to spin and she need her purple boots.

We all need purple boots!
Hilari

Skinny Dipper Designs at ETSY.com

No comments:

Post a Comment