Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Scarlet Harlot



Our spring colors are making way for all the beautiful shades of green that cover our landscape of East Tennessee. I sometimes wonder what it would look like in shades of blue or yellow, or even red.  I think God got it right though with the greens, cool but energizing. Purple shades would be interesting, but I am partial to purple.

Speaking of color, we spent Sunday afternoon cleaning out our flowerbed and planting zinnia seeds. I have a black thumb and always forget to water so we will see how this goes. I have stopped buying the beautiful plants I see ay Lowe's because I know of their future demise.  Lucky my husband has a greener thumb than I so the zinnias have a fighting chance.




They whispered her a harlot
so she adorned herself
in scarlet
and boldly walked 
into the room




I have a close friend who is very recently divorced and her association with any male is the speculation of her small town and idle minds.  Her feelings of being scrutinized and possibly labeled poured out during a conversation and this piece was my result.  Her result was to know that this too shall pass and, soon, idle minds will be focused on their next unfortunate victim.  For this I used all red bottle caps and accented her torso with red wire to complete the scarlet effect.  This one worked up quickly, I think, because it helped to release the negative energy generated by negative people.  

I want to thank Cheryl for turning me onto a Crop-A-Dial!!  Boy, making the connecting holes in the smashed bottle caps was a breeze compared to the nail and hammer process, and much quicker as well. And I only had to use 1 band-aid during the whole process...YEA!




I must admit that while in the process of writing and posting this I did buy a small batch of petunias from Lowe's.  My grandfather always had a planter full and I can never resist them in the spring.  



I am off to watch my favorite movie genre, 1950's syfi.  In store today is a black and white movie called The Deadly Mantis.  The trailer showed a real life praying mantis crawling up a tiny Washington Monument...I can't wait!

Peace,
Hilari

etsy.com/shop/skinnydipperdesigns



No comments:

Post a Comment