Sunday, January 26, 2014

Monday

MONDAY

Monday can feel like you are a fly trapped in a jar and one of those Mondays must have been the inspiration for this piece. With that said, I plan to have a great Monday this week.  Nothing special happening, just not going to let the rainy days or Mondays get me down.

My plans to have pictures of my newest project did not come to fruition due to the weight of the focal piece which made the book board sink in the middle.  I am going to have to use a wooden base for support and hopefully this may lead to a cleaner looking finished product.  I was advised to find a way to hide the wires underneath the book board and this may push me to find that answer.

We have been frozen here lately but today we reached 55 degrees!  I looked out the window this afternoon to see between 20 and 30 Robins (and 2 Cedar Waxwings) drinking out of our pond.  Our cat, Twyla, and I enjoyed watching them for "quiet" a while.

It is time to get dinner started.  Tonight is one of our favorites:  Ham and Potato Casserole. It is so easy to make and definitely falls into the feel good food category. 
2lb bag frozen hash browns
1 cup diced ham chunks
1/4 c melted butter
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup crushed potato chips, for topping

Break up frozen hash browns into 9x13 baking dish. Top with ham chunks; mix butter, soup, and 1 cup cheese together; pour over ham and potatoes; top with the rest of the cheese.  Sprinkle chips on top and bake for 50 minutes in 350 degree oven.  Yummy!
Til next time,
Hilari



No comments:

Post a Comment