Sunday, January 19, 2014

Hex Bolts, Wire and Ink


 I am not sure why men have to change out their car lights to better and brighter when the originals are just fine.  With that said, I am glad that my son did that this weekend because I was able to snag the assembly and have been working away.  As I said last week, some projects just scream to be given life and this was one of them.  I should have pics to follow in the next post.

KBAG book swap 2013
Knoxville Book Arts Guild

 I have been collecting rusty metal bits and such for a while because I like the look, and the idea of giving life to something that may not be seen as useable by others.  I picked up a box of bolts, washers, pluming pieces, etc. at an estate sale, not knowing what treasures would be inside.  Lucky of me, there were some hex bolts that worked perfectly as the spine for this little industrial book. Repurposed book pages, wrapped in screen and wired to the hex bolts created the end product for our annual KBAG book swap.  




KBAG has been meeting each month for over 5 years. I feel very lucky to be in a group with individuals who are happy to share their ideas and techniques with others.  I will be teaching (use term loosely) this book in our February meeting.  It is always interesting to see the final product created by each person and how they differ from each other.  Can't wait!

I seem to be distracted by the NFL playoffs...Go Broncos!...off to a large plate of spaghetti and garlic toast.
Peace, 
Hilari





No comments:

Post a Comment