Thursday, February 19, 2015

Hello, My Name Is Mike

Hello, My name is Mike

 This is Mike. He is a rescue cat from my parents front porch.  At the time Mother fed the dropped off and feral cats on the back porch and this sweet one was bullied and not allowed to eat. After much discussion (we already had 3 cats) we brought him home and have shared our love ever since.  On Sunday he was doing his level best to help me with taxes and I must say he did an excellent job.  We have them completed and ready to turn in, on time, which is tomorrow.  I am quite sure they would not have been finished without his sweet purring to keep us going.


 Icicles have been known to kill people,
you know!

We are in the throws of an ice storm, well, the backside of it, anyway.  We got our first round on Monday and a little more weather thrown in on Wednesday.   Added to that is waking up to 4 degrees this morning and going even lower tonight.  Whew!  The forecast is not so pleasant for Friday night as well.



 We are hoping our Japanese Maple, which we planted as a sapling, will pull through with minimal damage. But, I can say that we are a lot better off than many in the Northeast.  I do not know how they are able to survive getting food, going to work, etc. No area can be prepared for such a blast of winter.  My heart goes out to all who are dealing with such extremes.

With taxes and trying to stay ahead of the weather, I have not been able to get my hands into any artwork this week but if we get more winter Friday night I hope to be in and playing Saturday!

Stay warm!
Hilari










No comments:

Post a Comment