Monday, January 26, 2015

Blooming in the Winter




I am very happy to say that I have been asked to put some of my artwork in James Freeman Interiors, a gallery in our downtown district.  It opened in October and they want to feature local artists along with their market purchases.   After the long spell of happenings, both good and not so, it is nice to have a real reason to make time for my sculptures. I so love to be immersed in a project and watch it come to life.

In connection with that last statement,  I had to take a break from the last project.  I cannot get the stupid wire to spin around the stupid dowel properly.  And after a considerable amount of time spent trying to accomplish this, it came to mind that a small Superman will be attached to top of said wire, which will throw off the weight and render all previous work concerning said wire spinning useless.  So back to the drawing board...at some future point.

News on BFF...After staying in local hospital for 29 days and a visit to Cleveland Clinic, they have ruled out some things and have done genetic testing to look deeper.  It will be 4-6 weeks until those results come back.  So for now, blood thinners and rest seem to be helping with the immediate problem.


We a have had a very dreary winter so far and it has weighed on my soul.  I used to love winter and the cold weather but the older I get the more need the sun.  These little beauties are happily blooming in the cold wintery weather and I will use them as a reminder to keep blooming myself!

Happy January,
Hilari





No comments:

Post a Comment