Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Abandonment and Empty Nesting

Today is the day that I become an empty-nester. My only is moving into his (sharing with friends) own abode.  He tried this once before, and about the time I came to terms with his abandoning his mother, the free room came to an end, only lasting 3 weeks.  This time he has signed a 12 month lease so I will have to adjust to a more permanent state, plus this time he is taking all of his furniture.  He is only moving a few miles away and I told him I was allowed to text him whenever I want...which is what my father told me when he learned to text.  At first, I felt that I really did not need to know that Wheel of Fortune was on or that my parents ran out of milk, but I came to really enjoy sharing the small things.  I only hope my son gets to that point quickly.

I have been the lucky recipient of bottle caps from friends, now that they have seen my work with them.  I receive little baggies containing a few or many depending on how busy their weekend was.  I thought these would be a nice little thank you gift for the ladies who have contributed.  Maybe a bottle cap bow tie for the gents?!  I have had many ideas flowing through my head the last couple of weeks and this weekend is one of little plans, unlike the last few, so I plan to spend some time in the workshop playing.  I want to figure out how to make a piece spin like the Swings ride at the fair.  The little people will be sitting on ...yep, you guesses it,  bottle cap seats, and whorl around so they are flying through the air.  I do not have a mechanical mind.  I am a tinker so I usually end up coming up with a solution from the back side, never the simple way others would do it. I will be pleased if they only swing around gently but whorling would be so much better.

Today our schedule started little later that usual but time is catching up with me so I had better get ready for the day.  Hopefully, we will get the boy moved in quickly and I won't be too traumatized.  I have one of my favorites, Creature From the Black Lagoon, 1954, ready to sooth me when all is done.

Good day to all,
Hilari

No comments:

Post a Comment