Monday, July 28, 2014

The Same but Different





















This is one of my first pieces and one of my favorites.  It lives with a good friend, along with many other of my pieces.  Ms. Cheryl is one of my biggest supporters.  The house stands about 3 inches high and was constructed from single hand ripped book pages individually glued together...whew!  The windows were hand carved and accented with spent train light bulbs.  I started to create another but have not been consistent with it.  Always a new project whispering in my ear.

Everything is the same ...but different.  With our only moving out recently our normal schedule is still normal but hints of him being gone are there.  I do not have to listen to make sure he has not stayed up too late and overslept his alarm.  I do not have to listen for his car around supper time to start divvying up the meal.  I do not have to do these things but I find myself doing them just the same.  I have held up much better that Husband or I expected.  We hope he remembers all that we tried to teach him and is able to enjoy his time away from home...but as far as I am concerned, he can fulfill his lease, move home, find and marry a wonderful girl (who loves us like her own), move into a house in our neighborhood and make beautiful babies.  I don't think that is too much to ask.

I was able to spend time with my bff this weekend.  We always try to find an interesting place to go and spend the day or weekend but this day trip was a bust.  We ended up in the middle of nowhere with no phone signal to help us with directions.  We stopped in at a gun store...in the middle of nowhere!...and got pointed in the right direction.  Our problem is that we have lived in the same area almost all our lives and we have done all the fun activities we can think of.  I guess we will just have to think outside of the box for our next adventure.

I am being told by my wonderful husband that supper is ready and to come and get it while it is hot.

Peace to all,
Hilari

No comments:

Post a Comment