Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A Swirly Octopus and Steampunkers



I found this great wavy, swirly paper and knew what needed to be swimming it it's waters.  I dug through my collection of spent light bulbs and, lucky for me, I had the perfect size for the head.  Next was the washer container and, again...yea, the right size.  He is about 7 inches tall and 4 inches wide from tip to tip.  He seemed to fall into place pretty easily which was the only way anything was going to get done in the last two weeks.  

My wire work was accepted to an art show (sort of) and I had high hopes to finally find a crowd that would "get" my work.  It was a Steampunk Carnivale and I knew the mind set would be more open to a different kind of art.  While I did have people enjoy looking, there were not any buyers, which is a little disheartening.  With that said, I got to spend the day with my BBF, Vicki, people watching and being amazed at the beautiful costumes and creations, as well as the age range of the participants.  The steampunkers ranged from stroller to grannies.  That part was awesome.
 

I wish this picture was better. The light was fading but I thought it was the coolest ensemble...the coolest thing... at the event. The man, who looked just like Jon Snow from Game of Thrones, was stilted on all fours with leather, chains, fur, spikes, metal bits, and moved about the crowd in character. It took him over 20 minutes to get into costume.  He was a show stopper.

The last two weeks have been a challenge so hopefully the next two will seem like a breeze.  Off to have some pipping hot feel good food for supper.

Peace, 
Hilari


etsy.com/shop/skinnydipperdesigns



No comments:

Post a Comment