Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Really!!

 
Family

This piece has some great movement.  When you tip the side the girl swings back and forth as the parents rock from side to side.  Getting the girl to move the way I thought she should was a bit tricky.  I would get a good swinging motion but she would bump into the father or her foot would catch the mother's dress. I would then adjust the problem parent, which would in turn affect her arm placement so the girl would lose her wonderful swing.  A little bit of this and a little less of that, with a dash of patience, and it came into itself.  I really, really, really like when there is movement in my pieces...really.



This is my very, most favorite Christmas present I received this year. (Samantha, the long, warm socks are awesome too!).  It was made by my 4 year old niece, Emma.  I absolutely love all the colorful fingerprint dabs that cover the entire center of the bowl. I am an avid crocheter and it makes me smile whenever I use it.



Spring is just around the corner!
Peace,
Hilari



No comments:

Post a Comment