Friday, April 17, 2015

A Less Hurried Pace




I never knew how beautiful these little snails were. This guy was trucking along the stoop this morning so I stooped down to click a picture before I moved him to a safer route.   From afar these look gray with a gray house, but up close, Wow, what beautiful color and texture.   What a lovely surprise to start my day.

And in keeping with the nature theme, Husband directed me outside this morning to see the largest earthworm ever birthed.  Now, I wear a size 10 shoe.  No, I am not one of the lucky ones with a small, lovely foot.  The ones that go into the shoe store and come out with all these cute and colorful styles.  Try putting on a red floral, size 10 and see if they don't come across as clown feet.  But, I digress...  This ginormous worm was longer than my ginormous tennis shoe.  Even though I was impressed with its size I did not feel the need to whip out my camera.   Although, I could have been as surprised with him as I was with the snail.


To top the day off, this beauty was wandering a customer's front lawn.  He was stately with vibrant plumage of red and orange and iridescent black/teal tail feathers.  This one I could not not photograph. Nature is amazing if we remember to stop and look.

With tomorrow being Saturday,  hopefully there will be more opportunities to enjoy nature's gifts at a less hurried pace.

Peace,
Hilari

No comments:

Post a Comment