Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Beach Musing and a Cold Snap

Beach Muse

While time was flying last month, I was able to enjoy a quick trip to our closest beach (6.5 hrs away) with BBF.  We had no plans except to enjoy each others company and the sound of the beach.  BBF is a sun worshiper, and I, being a redhead, am not.  While she soaked up the rays I walked the sand picking up shells, watched sand pipers, and sat quietly communing with a resting pelican.  When I returned to our room and looked through my found goodies, the shells whispered the idea of this little lady to me.  She worked up quickly as we sat on the balcony watching a dolphin pod swim by.  We had a very relaxing visit to the shore and we each have a Beach Muse to remind us of our trip.




We are in the thralls of a winter cold snap and the last of our breautiful fall leaves have fallen to their demise. We even had a little bit of snow on the cold ground this morning.  What does this mean, you may ask...cozy fires, hot chocolate, and roasted marshmallows.  Our fire is burning so I am heading to the kitchen to heat up some cocoa and put a marshmallow on a stick and all will be right in my little world.

Sweet dreams to all,
Hilari




No comments:

Post a Comment