Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Knowing She Could Fly, She Tilted






Knowing she could fly
she tilted

This is one of those pieces that worked up just as I imagined it.  Well, not really but the idea is very close.  In my original idea she has feathers in each hand to help her fly, but once I dressed her the feathers lost their effect.  I love the way the tatting works for the dress and using a small gauge of wire to give the tatting stability and placement adds fullness.  The tatted pieces were created by a long lost family member and having learned to tat myself some years ago, it was nice to use, although I do not think Great Auntie would have ever thought of her beautiful hand work used in this way.  I also liked how the rusty bottle cap corset worked with the soft thread.  The next one will have a full wire dress, bottle cap corset (or leather maybe) and feathers in her hand to help her fly.

Things have been quiet on the home front lately.   I have had my first international sale on my ETSY site...with a special order thrown in.    The customer wanted a father and son holding the balloons sculpture and I was happy to do so.  The pieces are finding their new home in Alberta, Canada.

Husband and I have been riding our bikes after work for the past few weeks.  So off we go!

Peace,
Hilari

No comments:

Post a Comment