Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hello,
Thank goodness for the rain.  It will sure help the flowers perk up and sing.  These Black Eyed Susans were at a customer's house and they were singing loudly.  They also had Purple Cone flowers which are one of my favorites.


For this one I used a thicker wire to create the heart shape and torn book pages shaded with color pencils
for the filler. The shades fall from red to pink to gray and finally spill out with black.



This picture better shows the dimension of the piece. I had to figure out how to get the paper pieces to "fall" without having the bottom layer color covered by the next layer.  I knew if I used a glue stick I would be one big blob of small torn colored pieces of paper so I used small thin double sided tape squares to form the shape.I was able to manipulate each piece and place them inside the curvature of the heart to gain the dimensional feel.


Time to get settled for the evening.
Hearts,
Hil




















No comments:

Post a Comment